Programme Tutor-Electrical Installation
Package Pension Scheme Generous Annual Leave allowance Staff benefits and rewards Development days
Contractual hours 36.66
Want to be part of something big?
Fantastic Opportunity for an experienced Electrical Installation Professional – Programme Tutor or Tutor/Assessor
2 Positions available.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for a modern, forward-thinking professional to join our thriving College and be at the forefront of our journey from Good to Outstanding. With state-of-the art facilities, including a brand-new purpose-built Construction Centre, a modernised campus with great new provision Oldham College is a great place to work. With a fantastic set of colleagues Oldham College is officially a great place to work. We made the Great Place to Work certified list for 2021-22 and the Best Workplaces for Women list UK too.
Is this you?
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Faculty of Construction to appoint a Programme Tutor (or Tutor/Assessor) to support our learners in Electrical Installation.
The successful applicant will have an opportunity to develop their passion for education, playing a pivotal role in the continued development and delivery of the innovative teaching. You should have an excellent understanding of what makes learning engaging, and in addition you’ll have excellent ‘front of house’ skills and be excited about promoting our provision at a variety of events.
You will be expected to:
- Teach to a high standard, and develop the relevant skills to teach truly outstanding provision
- Work with colleagues to create provision that excites and stimulates demand
The successful candidate will:
- Be a motivated and experienced and qualified Tutor or Tutor/Assessor who has a proven track record of providing learning and assessment in this sector.
- Be qualified to a minimum of Level 3 as an Electrical Installation educator or advanced craft certificate in Electrical, and ideally have assessor qualifications and knowledge of the Apprenticeship Standard.
- Have experience of supporting the development of up to date knowledge, skills and behaviours relating to the key priorities for the construction sector and have a good appreciation of employer skills needs.
- Have a commitment to providing high quality learning to enable all learners to achieve their full potential.
- Have the ability to truly work as a team player.
- Possess outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills.
Oldham College has:
- Strong links with hundreds of local, regional and national regional employers
- Teaching staff with extensive technical and professional expertise
- An award winning CPD programme
- State-of-the-art specialist facilities, including our new £9m Construction Centre
- Generous holidays, great pension scheme, fantastic reward and benefits platform and access to a range of health and wellbeing facilities and resources.