We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering campus for a Chef Manager to become a key member of our Bedford College Services department.
As a Chef Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Controlling the day to day running of the kitchen team and assist the Catering Manager in managing and supervising the entire food production for the Bedford College Services Ltd outlet, achieve and exceed Bedford College Services’ standards.
- Assisting the Catering Manager to plan and implement production schedules, menus, costing’s and staff rota.
- Being able to prepare, cook and present food to a high standard
- Ensuring that all food service areas are fully stocked, with stock take to be completed at the end of each month
Our ideal candidates will have two years recent experience in a large operation and experience of using cooking skills to intensify flavours and enhance the taste., alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Kitchen, Larder or Vocational experience. (3+ years of supervisory level.
- Hygiene Qualification at Level 2
- English and Mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and Mathematics at Level 2 or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College Services - Fixed Term Contract
- Start Date: 22nd August 2022
- End Date: 31st January 2023
- 40 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year, pro rata
- £21,200 per annum, pro rata
- 25 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 20th June 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.