We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering campus for a Payables Manager to become a key member of our Finance department.
As a Payables Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Managing the team of purchase ledger staff.
- Managing the efficient delivery of the purchase to pay process for Bedford College and associated undertakings.
- Being Responsible for the maintenance of supplier information, aging, timeliness of payments and control accounts.
- Observing and ensuring others adhere to the College Financial Regulations.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of managing a purchase ledger and experience of working within financial regulations, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 4 qualification in finance or other numerate discipline
- Recent continual professional development
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- £25,500 per annum
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.