Learning Support Assistant
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Learning Support Assistant to become a key member of our Additional Support department
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- To be responsible for providing support to learners with the learning difficulties and/or disabilities in all aspects of the college curriculum.
- To provide overall care of the learner and enable him/her to access the college facilities and develop independence within the wider community.
- To be an active member of the Foundation Team and to assist in the development of individual programmes and the assessment of student progress.
Our ideal candidates will have working knowledge of Learner Support post 16 and experience of providing support to individuals in an educational or care setting, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Learner Support Certificate or equivalent or/ willing to work towards
- Educated to Level 2 in Maths and English
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services- Fixed Term - End date - 29th June 2023
- 37 hours per week (0.78484 FTE) / 35 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 10th August 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.