Stay Safe Officer (LUM125)
WHAT WE DO
The Student Life team is responsible for the personal development, behaviour and attitude of all our Further Education students. We directly deliver services to students - safeguarding, mental health and wellbeing are at the centre of what we do. The safeguarding team sits within the wider student life team and we work closely with curriculum departments to ensure arrangements are in place to effectively safeguard students.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage a small caseload of students where there is a high-level safeguarding concern Record all work accurately and in a timely manner on the CPOMS system.
- Provide supervision to designated safeguarding officers in curriculum departments.
- Monitor and review support for vulnerable students providing expertise and information as required.
- Plan and deliver staff training on a range of different safeguarding topics Monitor the recording and reporting of safeguarding referrals on campus, using appropriate client record and MIS systems, ensuring processes are followed.
- Act as a point of contact for external agencies and attend external meetings as required.
- Contribute to cross college campaigns on a range of different safeguarding topics working closely with curriculum teams, the marketing team and student union.
- Level 2 Safeguarding trained.
- A recognised qualification in at least one area of expertise in safeguarding, health and care to a minimum of NVQ 3 or equivalent, or substantial experience.
- Recent experience working as a designated safeguarding officer.
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups in an educational setting.
- Up to date knowledge and experience of a range of safeguarding issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a good listener who is non-judgemental and able to be adaptable to the needs of staff and students.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.