ilearn Programme Manager (LCC3392)
WHAT WE DO
We are the Independent Learning team, supporting students, and staff, at Leeds City College. As a relatively new team within college, we are primarily here to support students to develop their independent learning skills and achieve personal goals. We are looking for someone to join our team as the ilearn Programme Manager.
The team requires someone who can lead on the development and delivery of the ilearn service across our FE college sites. This posts sits within our independent learning student leadership team playing a vital role ensuring that our campus Leads and their teams are supported and are line managed to the highest standard.
We are looking for someone who wants the opportunity to innovate and lead on the development of independent study skills, promoting and delivering to different cohorts of students across the whole service as required.
Successful candidates will be able to ensure the service we provide, supporting students and staff, is innovative, evolving and runs smoothly. We will also provide you with the opportunity to develop your leadership and management skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the ilearn Manager to develop, deliver and iterate on a shared vision for the ilearn service across all the college sites.
- Act as a standard bearer and advocate for the benefits and impacts of skills development using your experiences and views to drive our internal skills development strategy.
- Be responsible for liaising with Principals, HoDs and ilearn Leads to ensure that the skills and opportunities we offer their students meet their needs.
- Lead and support the team's innovative approach to delivery and skills development taking the opportunity to utilise a blended approach where needed.
- Lead, line manage and support the ilearn FE team ilearn ensuring that they have the tools and skills to deliver on their curriculums skills development requirements.
- Manage a resource budget for the department working with the Leads and Heads of Department (HoDs) to make sure students have the study resources they need.
- You will set and maintain high expectations for the service and the staff working to support independent skills development, delivery, and support across college.
- Have the experience and ability to communicate clearly with principals and HoDs, external stakeholders and staff in an engaging manner.
- Be prepared to take risks, trying new approaches to solve problems and realise opportunities when they present themselves.
- Have experience of line management and leadership + management in general.
- Particularly in relation to supporting your service and team to develop.
- You will be someone who has excellent networking skills and experience so we can further share our story and progress with colleagues across FE.
- Display experience of and the desire to self-develop demonstrating a can-do approach to your own continuous professional development.
- Experience of managing finances or budgets ensuring value for money and impact of investment.
For more information about the role please contact:
Martin Wheatley email:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.