WHAT WE DO
Within the School of Public Services at Leeds City College we offer a range of study programmes across levels 1 to 3 to over 400 learners. Our curriculum offer includes: Level 1, Level 2 & Level 3 Diplomas for entry to the uniformed services. Bespoke 19+ Level 3 Diplomas to enable learners to take their first step into a chosen career. A Level 3 Military Preparation cohort of learners aspiring to join the armed forces.
Opportunities to work with our partners, West Yorkshire Police, Yorkshire Ambulance Services and West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue as part of the 999 Aspire Programme. Support the Luminate Education Group with the extended schools day provision that engages and educates 11-16 year olds for post 16 opportunities. Explore our Instagram page @LCC_Publicservices to see what we get up to on a day to day basis.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be responsible for a caseload of learners who require coaching and support as part of their planned learning programme.
- Facilitate group sessions exploring a wide range of Personal Social, Health & Economic topics.
- Support learners to track and monitor progress towards achievement using assessment grades.
- Provide support for learners, using on-line support technology and education platforms.
- Communicate with parents and guardians of learners to support progression and building positive relationships.
- Identify where learners require an intervention and convene small groups of learners to work on a specific topic related to their course.
- Identify barriers to learning and implement a range of strategies to overcome barriers.
- Develop and agree individual learning plans, identify SMART targets and set aspirational goals for learners, liaising with subject specialists and other academic and support staff.
- Manage learning in a variety of spaces, creating a positive and focussed experience.
- Facilitate and participate in a wide range of extra curricular activities with learners.
A passion and ability to inspire and motivate young people to become our future uniformed services and armed forces personnel. Recent teaching or instructing experience which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles. Ability to be adaptable and flexible towards the requirements of different learner needs. Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement. We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.