Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Performance Lead (LCC3385)
The Luminate Education Group is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment that respects and celebrates difference. We aim to provide a community where everyone feels able to participate fully and achieve their full potential. We are striving to create an environment that supports good relations between people and challenges prejudice, intolerance and discrimination in all its forms.
You'll have a key role in shaping the direction and strategy of the Group’s equality, diversity and inclusion and agenda, delivering on our plans. You will have a broad remit working in a fast-paced environment within a dynamic and integrated Student Life team, and working across the group with staff and student facing teams. You will be part of the central equalities team as well as an established wider network of passionate and committed equality champions and leaders in every department. You don't need to have any specific sector experience: we are looking for drive, passion, commitment and shared values which build on the relational aspects of our strategies. You will work collaboratively, reporting to the Group Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion with a focus on both student and staff initiatives to promote and develop EDI initiatives.
Some examples of the work include equality champions, staff forum voice, influence and activity, refining our EDI training offer, developing innovative projects and initiatives, stakeholder engagement. You will also contribute to our statutory annual equality reports and reporting on equality priorities and progress to our governing bodies. This is a great opportunity to join our inclusive team during a period of growth with a chance to shape this role and make it your own. We offer generous annual leave plus bank holidays and additional closure days during the Christmas period. We have a very generous pension plan, offer an extensive range of continuous professional development and flexible working patterns.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Identify action and interventions which will contribute to achieving our Equality Objectives and our Race Equality Roadmap Action Plan.
- Further develop and co-ordinate the infrastructure for staff voice, influence and engagement.
- Develop strong and effective relationships to embed innovative projects and activities providing project management support through matrix leadership.
- Work with teams across the directorate and group to co-ordinate campaigns, activities and projects to promote EDI improving the student experience and building on the positive student perception of equality, identifying best practice inclusive environments.
- Produce, analyse and present performance data in annual reports, quarterly performance reports and presentations; contribute to governance papers showing progress towards equality objectives and meeting the public sector equality duty
- You will be motivated and passionate about equality, diversity and inclusion with a strong values base and have experience of leading multiple and diverse workstreams with initiative, responding to changing requirements and deadlines.
- Must have excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- The ability to inspire and lead people, think broadly, and value diverse perspectives.
- Experience of communicating and promoting collaboration in complex organisations and a creative approach to design and delivery of innovative solutions.
- A willingness to develop your knowledge of diversity & inclusion theory, legislation and policy.
- Experience of organising, coordinating and hosting events/activities which bring together groups of people from different backgrounds and engaging, motivating and influencing others to achieve improved outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to convey complex information to a variety of audiences including presentations, report writing, digital communication and social media
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Andrea Cowans firstname.lastname@example.org
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.