Teacher, Health Science and Social Care (LCC3406)
Part Time, 22.2 hours, 3 days tbc
WHAT WE DO
We are looking for candidates to join our Health Science and Social Care team. The successful candidate will play a key role in teaching within our department and supporting learners to achieve and progress.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Plan, prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of on-line learning resources for identified modules.
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- Assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules.
- Carry out internal verification duties in line with quality assurance processes.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with learners and provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
This is a key appointment within the department - the type of person we are looking for:
- Ability to plan, deliver and assess quality teaching across identified modules/units.
- Ability to inspire and motivate learners to achieve their optimum Exceptional verbal /written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of current teaching practices and experience of utilising a range of teaching practices to enhance learner journey and progression.
- Exceptional verbal /written communication and interpersonal skills
- IT literate including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Google platforms Experience within Healthcare sector.
For more information about the role please contact:
Rachel Minshull email@example.com
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.