Deputy Head Level 3 & Apprenticeships (LUM139)
The School of Events, Enterprise and Employability offers a wide range of study programmes and apprenticeship opportunities to both 16-18 and 19 learners who are looking to pursue a career in Events, Marketing, Customer Service and Business sustainability. Our course offers range from Level 1, for learners who may be applying to college with limited previous experience of qualifications through to Level 3 Extended programmes of study which enable students to progress to higher education or supervisory positions within industry. The team have an extensive range of skills, knowledge and experience from their specialist industry backgrounds which is invaluable to the teaching, learning and assessment process.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the Head of Department in all aspects of the Departments leadership and management, particularly around quality, teaching, learning and assessment and securing outstanding outcomes for students.
- Be a role model across the Department for outstanding teaching and learning.
- Line manage the team within the Department and ensure that they develop their professional practice.
- Ensure the Department is efficiently run and delivers its financial contribution targets, ensuring that all courses within the Department are run effectively and meet awarding body, funding and quality agency requirements.
- Work closely with awarding organisations to ensure samples are prepared in a timely manner.
- Oversee the course review process to ensure that the curriculum is regularly reviewed throughout the year.
- Oversee One File and the tracking of learner progress on all apprenticeship programmes.
- Work with staff, leaders and the central quality team to ensure apprentices receive high quality teaching, learning and assessment.
- Have had experience of line managing team members and also analysing KPIs for a group of learners.
- Hold a relevant Level 3 qualification and industrial experience.
- Experience of teaching in a Further Education setting.
- Be able to prioritise objectives and work to a deadline.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Adam Ryding Adam.firstname.lastname@example.org
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.