Programme Tutor- Barbering
0.8 FTE permanent post
Course tutors teach approximately 24 hours per week and manage learner attendance on all aspects of their programme of study including learner assessment, tacking of learner progress against milestones, setting smart targets, employer engagement and other aspects of personal development, behaviours and welfare.
You will need:
- Teaching qualifications and Industry relevant experience.
- Experience at assessment, assessing learners against national standards and being able to write detailed learner feedback to support individual learning.
- Experience in the curriculum delivery of both level 2 and level 3 Barbering
- Competence in the use of IT for learner administrative tasks and both face to face and on-line theory delivery is essential.
- Commitment to engage with Teaching for Distinction, our college approach to delivering excellence in Teaching & Learning.
- Commitment to personal CPD
- High compliance with the use of college systems, procedures and policies
Diane Howard, Head of Faculty for Retail and Commercial says “We are looking for an experienced and highly organised individual who will be a role model for level 2 & 3; learners. The successful candidate must be able to engage and support learners with the demands of the theory content of the level 3 qualification together with developing their practical barbering skills to the highest level, and in line with industry expectations.
This is a growth curriculum area and the right individual will develop a flexible delivery model to suite both full time and part time learners, on site and off site/on-line learning.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre both offering staff discounts
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities and new technology.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet. That’s true, by the way – ask almost anyone who has been here. Or come and see for yourself.
If you want to be outstanding, and want to help us achieve the same thing, then please apply.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.