Personal Achievement Tutor
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Personal Achievement Tutor in to become a key member of our Student Services department.
As a Personal Achievement Tutor you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Supporting students through delivering tutorial support and professional skills development to help them stay on-programme and to achieve their potential moving on to positive destinations such as higher education, apprenticeships or employment
- Supporting students within allocated caseload in specific vocational/academic areas by providing group and one-to-one support as well as delivering weekly group tutorial sessions in areas such as safeguarding, resilience, health and well-being, life skills, British Values, e-Safety, careers and employability, as well as preparation for further study including higher education
- Providing pastoral support to students in allocated caseload to ensure attendance and punctuality, retention, attainment, achievement and progression targets, identifying ‘at risk’ students and provide appropriate intervention/support to raise standards and maintain high expectations
- Contributing towards the reviewing, planning, preparation and delivery of agreed programmes of group and individual tutorials
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working in a further education or related setting and experience of working in a student support or related role, alongside the following qualifications:
- Good all-round education to include qualifications at Level 3
- Maths and English to GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent
- PTLLS or willingness to work towards a relevant teaching qualification
- Willingness to work towards Level 2 Safeguarding and Youth Mental Health First Aid qualification
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (0.89696 FTE) / 40 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.