Level 3 Learning Mentor Apprentice x2, 14+ Academies (APP316)
Part time, 35 hours per week
Fixed Term contract until February 2024
Apprenticeship rates are age related:
Under 18 £9,858 PA
18-20 £13,755 PA
21-22 £18,289 PA
23+ £18,328 PA
WHAT WE DO
This is an exciting opportunity to join Leeds College as a Learning Mentor Apprentice in our outstanding 14+ Academies (14+ Apprenticeship Academy and 14+ PTECH Academy). We are seeking a talented and personable individual to support our learners. The post holder will work closely with all staff in a wide-ranging role designed to help our learners’ progress both developmentally and academically, starting September 2022.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Foster effective relationships with other key stakeholders including learners’ parents/carers and other internal and external professionals.
- Put in place interventions for whole groups or individual learners to help and support learners both academically and developmentally, often in conjunction with the relevant Head of Year.
- Set targets with individual learners to assist in their academic or development progress, including at Personal Progress Days and the writing of Parent/Carer reports.
- Work within the 14+ Academies ethos and culture as well as using relevant tools and concepts such as the effort descriptors and APLs (Academy Progress Levels).
- Update, reflect and maintain the 14+ Academies tracking systems continuously, allowing you to recognise the need for interventions and subsequently putting them in place.
- Appropriate qualifications and/or a willingness to undertake training/qualifications in supporting the needs of disengaged/disadvantaged young people.
- Ability to form meaningful and impactful relationships quickly.
- Ability to work positively and effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative.
- Willingness to work towards and complete the Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship provided at the College.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact Ellie Barker
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.