Skills Hub Adviser x 2 (LCC3399)
The Adult, Community and ESOL Team deliver a range of exciting courses to our diverse learners in the heart of our community. From maths and English to flower arranging and dress making there is something for everyone! We're revitalising our department and are recruiting Skills Hub Advisers to provide services across our community campuses. We're looking for dynamic and vibrant professionals who are able to engage with and support our learners. Never worked in a college? That's okay! We're looking for your skills, experience, and ability to make our students feel welcome in our centres acting as the first point of contact and face that they see....and we have a range of learning and development opportunities for you too! Our Campuses are: Rothwell, Deacon House, and Enfield and will consider full or part time hours across our working day of 8.30am-9.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30-4pm Fridays and 8.30-3.00pm on Saturdays which can be discussed during the interview process.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide impartial information and signposting, flexible help and support for applicants and students with no curriculum preference on a range of courses/programmes options to individuals or groups
- Act as central admissions contact for stakeholders and students via email, phone and face to face for Adult, Community and ESOL (ACE) directorate
- Work collaboratively with Business Support team and Curriculum staff to ensure applicants are supported to enrol and commence courses quickly and efficiently all year round.
- Actively engage with stakeholders to promote the ACE offer resulting in generation of a pipeline of course enquiries and applicants throughout the year.
- Support completing learners identify progression opportunities to other courses where appropriate.
- You will need to be flexible, friendly, patient and understanding to be successful in this rewarding role - You will have excellent customer service skills with the ability to build rapport with our potential students as well as strong IT and organisational skills
- You will have experience of working in a customer focused role
- You will have a high level of problem solving skills and able to work under your own initiative
- You will strive to understand and keep up to date with our range of Adults Community and ESOL courses and the wider college provision.
For more information please contact:
- Jo Dye
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.