Building Services Technician
We have a great opportunity based across our Corby and Wellingborough campuses for a Technician to become a key member of our Construction and Building Services department.
As a Technician, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing support and assistance to Lecturers and trainers in workshop areas, focussed on Building Services
- Maintaining workshop facilities and ensure serviceability and security of tools and equipment, and ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of safe working practices and evidence of high performance in previous roles/jobs, alongside the following qualifications:
- Willingness to work towards a forklift Qualification, if not already held.
- Willingness to work towards a First Aid Qualification, if not already held.
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
259 hours holiday per annum inclusive of public holidays
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.