Lecturer / Training Coordinator in Motorsport
We have a great opportunity based at our Silverstone campus for a Lecturer / Training Coordinator in Motorsport to become a key member of our Motorsport department.
As a Lecturer / Training Coordinator in Motorsport, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Using a wide range of teaching techniques, skills training to learners to facilitate achievement of the technical certificate and development competence learning outcomes, covering practical, workshop based and classroom-based study, alongside work based visits to conduct observations and reviews of the apprentices.
- Planning and preparing teaching and learning programmes for individuals and groups of learners
- Developing teaching material specific to the programme of study being delivered
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on individual learners’ progress using the College’s systems, and liaise with other personal tutors and others as appropriate
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working in the relevant vocational industry and experience of training and assessing NVQ qualifications in the relevant vocational sector, alongside the following qualifications:
- A qualification at level 3 or above in the relevant vocational subject specialism
- English and Mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent.
- TAQA L3 or equivalent qualification or be willing to work towards
- TAQA L4 or equivalent qualification or be willing to work towards
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training or be willing to work towards
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- Circa £30,000 - £35,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
- 45 days per annum (including public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.