Course Manager in Health and Social Care
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Course Manager in Health and Social Care to become a key member of our Care, Childcare and Counselling department.
As a Course Manager in Health and Social Care, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Carrying out, preparing, delivering and assessing on a range of teaching programmes within the Early Years and Education sector in line with College policies and procedure as directed by the Head of Department.
- Disseminating updated information and course specifications ensuring that awarding organisation requirements are met i.e. awarding organisation registrations for the main programme, additional, GCSE, functional or basic skills
- Liaising with the course team and relevant staff to ensure that all students are enrolled and follow a designated study programme which meets current timetabling policy rules including work placement and enhancement.
- Drafting course timetables in liaison with the course teams and Curriculum Heads
Our ideal candidates will have current experience of teaching, assessing or tutoring and experience of consistently providinga high-quality learning experience for all students, alongside the following qualifications:
- Relevant Level 3 qualification
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
- Safeguarding training
- Equality and Diversity training
- PGCE/CertEd or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 45 days per annum (including public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.