Teacher - Construction Multi Skills (x 1.5 FTE)
Contractual hours: 37 per week
Location: Baltic Campus
Package Full or Part Time applications will be considered, up to 37 hours per week, Fixed term until 31st December 2023
Are you a passionate multi-skilled professional with a background in construction who gets a buzz from helping people thrive and achieve their very best?
Are you an experienced teacher or skilled tradesperson looking to take a step out of industry and crave a better work life balance with regular working patterns, job security and a stable income? We have an exciting opportunity for a multi-skilled construction Teacher.
We are looking for a motivated and suitably qualified individual to teach on a range of courses from Entry Level up to Level 2 standard, aimed at developing a broad range of basic practical skills and knowledge required to work in the construction, civil engineering, property maintenance and housing sectors.
Gateshead College has secured funding through the European Social Fund to set up a North-East Skills hub designed to engage and recruit economically inactive people from diverse communities and backgrounds living in the North of Tyne Combined Authority (NTCA) area.
Qualified teacher status would be an advantage but not essential.
Full teacher training will be provided including enrolment onto one of our accredited teaching courses, if you join us direct from industry we will support you through development and training programs to help transition to qualified Teacher status within your first two years of employment.
You will be responsible for shaping, nurturing, challenging and inspiring the minds of learners of all ages (16+ years) to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviors to become construction professionals of the future.
You will be responsible for:
• Delivering consistently good or better theory and practical sessions with a Construction focus, incorporating an effective range of learning methods that enable outstanding learning outcomes for students.
• Leading community-based practical projects with students that allow beneficiaries to apply their learning to realistic situations and gain valuable work experience.
• Planning and implementing modern and flexible curriculum delivery
• Marking and assessing students’ work, providing feedback that supports students to improve
• Developing students’ employability skills and industry awareness that encourages them to progress to further learning and employment
• Delivering IAG to support students’ decision-making and high rates of progression
• Providing students with academic and pastoral support to help them achieve their goal
• Engaging and supporting beneficiaries from diverse communities and backgrounds
• Using and analysing course data to support effective course management
In return, your hard work and commitment will benefit from:
• 47 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Flexible and agile approach to work
• Full support and training from a friendly team of colleagues
• Personal Development program leading to gaining qualified teacher status
• Generous Company sick pay entitlement, subject to length of service
• Dedicated Health and Wellbeing support
• 24/7 confidential support helpline and counselling support
• Enrolment into a career averaged pension with the Teacher’s Pension Scheme
• Discount rewards scheme at a host of retailers exclusively for Gateshead College employees
• Cycle to work scheme
Why Gateshead College?
If you’re looking for an opportunity to shape students’ lives and take pride in what they achieve, we’d love to hear from you. We have a workplace culture that sets us apart. We pride ourselves on the very highest standards and look to recruit people to join our team who share our passion for ensuring that our students enjoy a top-quality education and the real-world skills they need to get on in life. A unique combination we call education with employment edge. We know that a qualification alone isn’t enough to ensure our students are successful, so whether you’re a member of our teaching team or part of our support staff, everyone at Gateshead College has the potential to positively influence our students’ lives. It is this clear purpose that sets us apart from other colleges and makes us such a rewarding and enjoyable place to work.
If you would like to find out more about the role then please contact Steve Logan, Project Director, via email on email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Thursday 26th May2022.
Gateshead College is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. Our safer recruitment practices and pre-employment processes are in line with the Government’s Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance to ensure safeguarding is at the forefront our recruitment and selection decisions.
As a college, we are committed to being an exemplar employer with equality of opportunity central to the recruitment and development of all our employees. We continually strive to provide an inclusive place to work where diversity it promoted and celebrated.
Please apply via the link