Head of Department - LDD and Learner Support
Contractual hours: 37 per week
Location: Baltic Campus
We are looking for an outstanding, enthusiastic and ambitious Head of Department to lead and manage the LDD curriculum area and further strengthen our management team.
We are seeking to appoint a Head of Department for the LDD curriculum area to provide dedicated leadership in the creation and implementation of the department’s vision. Continuous review will ensure we offer current, innovative and relevant education including creative curriculum design, planning, delivery and assessment. This will provide our learners with the skills and opportunities to maximise their independence skills and to fulfil their potential.
The Head of Department will also have overall responsibility for providing effective management and implementation of learning support across the college. You will ensure literacy, language and numeracy needs are met to enable learners achieve well. You will have knowledge and experience of working within the SEND Code of Practice including EHCP processes and procedures.
As you will be leading and managing our LDD provision and learner support, you must have credibility within this network and have experience developing positive relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders including local authorities, social care, health services and employers.
Have you got what it takes to join an outstanding management team? If you believe you do, then read on and check against the key things we’re looking for -
- Someone who will role model our behaviours and values
- Proven exceptional leadership and management skills and experience within this sector
- An ability to ensure a consistently high standard of planning, organisation, delivery and learning
- A manager who understands the learner journey and is responsive in developing the curriculum to ensure the highest outcomes for learners
- Experience managing a budget and the ability to maximise efficiency by utilising staff and physical resources
- A proven track record in curriculum quality improvement, sustainable and effective business growth
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Proven ability to work with the team to drive further improvements around key performance measures and ensure appropriate strategies are implemented to maximise learner achievement, progress and excellent outcomes for all learners
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A proven track record in working in partnership with key industry partners and stakeholders to effectively develop the LDD curriculum
- Have highly effective decision making and problem solving skills and the ability to pick up on issues quickly
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle a busy workload
In return, your hard work and commitment will be rewarded with:
- 35 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- a career average pension with Local Government Pension Scheme
- a discount rewards scheme at a host of retailers exclusively for Gateshead College employees
- travel support including on-site parking, discounted public transport scheme and a cycle to work scheme
- dedicated mental health support
- 24/7 confidential support helpline and counselling support
- hair and beauty discounts at our onsite salon, Botanica
- company sick pay
Why Gateshead College?
If you’re looking for an opportunity to shape students’ lives and take pride in what they achieve, we’d love to hear from you. We have a workplace culture that sets us apart. We pride ourselves on the very highest standards and look to recruit people to join our team who share our passion for ensuring that our students enjoy a top quality education and the real world skills they need to get on in life. A unique combination we call education with employment edge. We know that a qualification alone isn’t enough to ensure our students are successful, so whether you’re a member of our teaching team or part of our support staff, everyone at Gateshead College has the potential to positively influence our students’ lives. It is this clear purpose that sets us apart from other colleges and makes us such a rewarding and enjoyable place to work.
Please apply online for this position, telling us all about yourself and why you think you’d be perfect for this role.
Gateshead College take all reasonably practicable measures to reduce the risks presented to employees undertaking business-driving duties as part of their role to an acceptable level as required under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. If you are required to drive as part of your role, it is essential that you provide us with a copy of your Business insurance certificate, and a copy of your driving license and vehicle check.
The deadline for applications is midnight Wednesday 22nd June 2022.
Gateshead College is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. Our safer recruitment practices and pre-employment processes are in line with the Government’s Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance to ensure safeguarding is at the forefront our recruitment and selection decisions.
As a college, we are committed to being an exemplar employer with equality of opportunity central to the recruitment and development of all our employees. We continually strive to provide an inclusive place to work where diversity it promoted and celebrated.
Please apply via the link