Programme Manager - Land and Animal Science (LCC3391)
2 days left
- Full Time
WHAT WE DO
The School of Land and Animal Science offers full time study programmes targeted at 16-18 year olds and 19+ learners, in addition we offer full cost short courses and are beginning to venture into apprenticeships and Higher Education (HE). Study programmes range from Entry Level to Level 3.
We are a growing team that has been self assessed as outstanding for the past 3 years. The School of Land and Animal Science team is predominantly based at Temple Newsam a 1000 acre country estate in Leeds, it is the perfect setting for any land-based qualification.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage activities and strategies to ensure the high retention, achievement, success and attendance rates for identified courses are reached.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners. Manage the planning, preparation and development of schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources and assessment plans.
- Manage the process of creation of individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course to ensure groups of learners are on track to achieve their potential.
- Manage the recording of student progress and to ensure that individual and group learner targets are being met. Lead activities to ensure effective planning, preparation & development of schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching & learning resources including the development of on-line learning resources for identified courses is being undertaken.
- Ensure effective delivery of sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods, for identified courses. Lead and manage the development & employment of assessment activities for identified courses.
- Lead and manage the assessment of student work, feedback to help learners improve & record learner’s progress for identified courses. Lead and manage the creation of targets, recording & monitoring of progress against them.
- Implement interventions where needed for identified courses. Lead and manage quality assurance processes. Inform the review process to develop & improve identified course(s).
- Be responsible for the retention, achievement, success & attendance for identified courses. -Build positive relationships with learners & provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
- Contribute to the marketing of courses, learner IAG & enrolment processes. Participate in student recruitment activities, including interviews and open evenings.
- Participate, as appropriate, in the College’s examination process. Conduct first stage student disciplinaries. Ensure that effective Induction programmes are in place for learners. Programme Managers will be required to teach as part of the role.
- Holds a Level 5 Teaching Qualification.
- Hold a relevant highest level vocational qualification.
- Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) and Assessors qualifications would be an advantage.
- Manage and promote restorative practice approaches and strong relationships.
- Role model and promote a positive image of the college.
- Embody the college values: Collaborative; Inspiring; Passionate; Aspirational; Celebrate Individuality; Respectful.
- Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.