Lecturer in Maths
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: Working across both Castleford and Wakefield campus sites.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lecturer in Maths to provide outstanding teaching to ensure that all our learners succeed and achieve their highest potential. As a Lecturer in Maths, you would teach on a range of programmes including GCSE Maths and Functional Skills Maths.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional who will establish a culture of excellent behaviour, motivation and high learner performance through excellent standards of teaching and learning. In addition, you should be an excellent team player, flexible and open to new ideas.
As a Lecturer in Maths, you should:
- Ideally hold a Degree in Mathematics or related discipline
- Have GCSE A* - C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent
- Be able to evidence relevant Continuing Professional Development
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of highly effective teaching in Maths, with experience of re-engaging young people
- A passion for supporting students to succeed
- Excellent people skills to support the achievement of above average results
- A track record of ability to implement key initiatives in a dynamic and changeable environment
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would like to join us please click ‘Apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
Closing date: Friday 1 July 2022
Interview date: 7 July 2022
See what we have to offer and come and join our strong, experienced and supportive Maths team. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification
Please note direct applicants only – no agency C’s
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.