Lead Teacher of Science (Ref: LCC3376)
1 day left
- Full Time
WHAT WE DO
This is an exciting opportunity to join Leeds City College as the Lead Teacher of Science in our outstanding 14+ Academies (14+ Apprenticeship Academy and 14+ PTECH Academy). We are seeking a dynamic, talented and passionate individual to undertake this role, starting September 2022.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide strong leadership to the Science curriculum area so teaching and learning consistently meets standards.
- Lead on the development and implementation of strategies to develop all aspects of teaching, learning and assessment, especially in the subject of Science.
- Ensure that all young people make at least good progress and that ambitious targets for student performance are met and tracked and accountability for the learning, progress and achievement of Science for 14+ Academies students.
- Be inventive, determined and persistent when implementing student focused interventions in order to help progress learners in meeting and/or exceeding targets.
- Continue to develop an innovative and progressive curriculum in Science lessons which is positive, engaging and student focused – including cross-curricular links.
- Experience and knowledge of supporting young people both academically and developmentally, including those aged 14-16.
- Recent teaching delivery in relevant subject areas (PGCE teaching placements/experience would also qualify here) which demonstrates outstanding practice.
- Experience of positively managing learner academic progress in an education setting, including those aged 14-16.
- Ability to work positively and effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact Niki McKenna
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.