Catering Course Tutor
We have an exciting opportunity for a Catering Tutor working in Hospitality and Catering area.
What will I be doing?
As a Chef Tutor, you will have overall responsibility for a cohort of level 1, 2, 3 catering students. You will also be required to manage food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Programme tutor for level 1, 2, 3 catering students – managing and monitoring all aspects of their programme of study
- Practical Chef Tutor for the above cohorts in a professional kitchen environment
- Delivering theory sessions for the above cohorts, in a classroom environment
- Working closely with the Curriculum Leader and team members to develop and grow the area
- Managing food cost controls
- Ordering and storing food stock
- Showcasing the area at employer and promotional events
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill the role of Chef Tutor, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Recent industrial experience as a Chef in a professional kitchen environment
- Recent teaching/training experience to meet qualification specifications
- Approaches to food in a creative way
- High standards and aspirations for yourself and students
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of teaching, learning and assessment strategies
- Excellent planning and organising skills
It is great to work for the DN Colleges Group, we offer an attractive salary plus many other benefits including DNCG Benefits (access to retail and leisure discounts), cycle to work scheme, flexible working, on-site nursery, health & fitness suite, generous annual leave, development opportunities and pension provisions.
The DN Colleges Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff and volunteers must therefore be willing to apply for DBS clearance at an Enhanced level.
We are recognised as a Disability Confident employer, Mindful Employer and also positively encourage applications from all ethnic backgrounds.
There’s always something happening at DN Colleges Group. Click on the link http://www.dncolleges.ac.uk/about-us/news/ to find the latest news from DN Colleges Group, Doncaster College and North Lindsey College or follow us via Facebook, Linked In Twitter.
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing or using the website, please contact Networx between 9.00am-5.30pm Monday to Friday on 01943 467766.
Please note that most correspondence regarding vacancies will be sent via email, so please check your emails regularly for updates on your application. We would also advise to check your junk/spam folder as some emails may end up here depending on your mail provider settings.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.