Course Leader in Engineering Apprenticeships (LCC2980)
We are a growing Engineering department. We have full time learners and apprentices. We are looking for someone who can deliver the curriculum elements to apprentices whilst they attend their day release.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The ideal candidate:
- Will have experience in teaching Engineering at Level 3 and hold a teaching qualification.
- Will predominantly be an Electrical / Electronics engineer (Not Installations) with hands on experience working in the industry.
- The teaching will incorporate BTEC / EAL units in Electrical & Mechanical Principles, PLC’s, Electronics, Maths & Further Maths as well as Communications, Project and Design.
- Additionally, there will be a requirement to undertake some assessing of apprentices in the workplace, thus the importance for hand on skills and experience, with good communication skills at all levels.
- An assessor award would be an advantage, although the priority will be on teaching.
We are looking for someone who is happy to work as part of a large team, be proactive and keen to engage with local industry.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.