Technician for Engineering (LCC3104)
Market supplement of up to £5,000 depending on Experience.
WHAT WE DO
- We are a growing Engineering department, based in Leeds City Centre.
- We deliver to 16-18, 19 and apprentices.
- We offer pathways in Mechanical, Electrical, Automotive and Electrical Installation.
- The department is dynamic and we have staff who are straight from industry who bring knowledge and experience to share with the learners.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be responsible for maintaining the workshop areas, monitoring stock and re-ordering.
- You will be expected to support the teaching by getting materials ready for the learners.
- Maintenance and Health & Safety of the equipment will be scheduled in your timetable.
- Experience of Fabrication & Welding and Mechanical maintenance essential.
- You will be a team player, confident and enthusiastic.
- Have a passion to support this generation into their career choices.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
- Mitch Scott
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.