Senior Finance Officer (LUM79)
The post holder will assist the Financial Accountant in the provision of a customer focussed responsive and quality administrative service. In particular, the post holder will be responsible for supporting the Financial Accountant in the effective management of the group’s balance sheet and accurate monitoring of the group's cash and treasury function. The post holder will, at all times, comply with Luminate Education Group Financial Regulations and Procedures and maintain a proactive and diligent approach to fraud awareness.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the planning and reporting processes within the Group through the provision of regular balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide regular training and guidance to those involved in cash handling.
- Oversee all aspects of day to day banking and treasury, including payments, PDQ machines, cash transactions and ad hoc queries.
- Maintain the non-current asset register within the Group accounting system to ensure accuracy over additions, disposals and depreciation in accordance with the Group capital policies.
- Deliver a culture of excellent customer service and implement and act upon appropriate service delivery targets.
- A recognised qualification at Level 3 in a relevant discipline or the ability to demonstrate experience or knowledge of the finance functions within an organisation.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working within the relevant finance function.
- Has relevant professional/technical knowledge and job-related knowledge and skills.
- Has a high degree of analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make sense of complex issues, identify and implement resolutions.
For further information contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.