AAT Lecturer (LUM113)
We are a busy department delivering high quality professional courses in Business, Management, Accountancy, HR, Leadership and Law. We also offer a range of Higher Education programmes.
This role is to prepare and deliver AAT courses. We are looking for a lecturer with the ability to teach across AAT Levels 1, 2, 3 & 4 with the flexibility to teach a mixture of daytime and evening classes using a blended learning approach. We welcome applications from individuals who are enthusiastic and committed to developing the knowledge and skills of the students in this area.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans for both face to face and online classes
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding of learners.
- Be responsible for recording student progress by creating individual SMART learning targets Carry out internal verification/moderation.
- Undertake review processes to develop and improve identified course(s).
- Holds a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE) Relevant highest level vocational qualification
- Relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent delivery of AAT courses and ability to plan and deliver quality teaching across identified modules
- Experience of positively managing student progression, advice and guidance
- Knowledge of current teaching practices and experience of utilising a range of teaching practices to enhance learner journey and progression and ability to inspire and motivate learners to achieve their optimum
- Experience of undertaking internal verification and moderation activities
For more information about the role please contact:
Nicola Johnson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.