Lecturer in ESOL and Functional Skills
We have a great opportunity based across our Northamptonshire campus for a Lecturer in ESOL and Functional Skills to become a key member of our ESOL and Basic Skills department.
As a Lecturer in ESOL and Functional Skills, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Organising and delivering regular interview and assessment sessions to adult applicants, providing an Initial Assessment, information and guidance to tutors and students regarding the analysis of the assessment outcomes and the course allocation.
- Planning and preparing teaching, learning and assessment programmes for groups and individuals.
- Promoting a stimulating learning environment and use a range of teaching and learning strategies and materials, including the use of ILT resources, to encourage development of learners’ skills and understanding
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on student progress, and liaise with Group tutor, Personal Development Coach, Course Manager, subject tutors and others as appropriate.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of Essential Experience from JD and Additional Experience, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent in related subject area - ESOL
- Hold or be willing to work towards the DET (Diploma in Education & Training)
- Good all-round level of education to include Maths and English to GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent level (Level 2)
- Hold a minimum teaching qualification specific to teaching ESOL (CELTA or Trinity)
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- £26,000 - £30,000 per annum
- 45 days per annum (including public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on a Level 5 Teaching Qualification.
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.