Programme Tutor SEND 0.8
As a Programme Tutor you will play a key role in shaping the direction of our students in our Skills for Life and Work area. You will be responsible for a caseload of 16-24 year old SEND students, inspiring them to learn and achieve their goals through the delivery of an innovative and engaging curriculum. You will be joining a highly experienced faculty team that are passionate about their students, their achievements and their future. This is an excellent opportunity to have real impact in a College, which is moving at pace with strong support from its Senior Leadership team.
In this role, you will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and show a flexible and professional attitude.
- Facilitate learning experiences which provide students with the opportunity to achieve their full individual potential
- Design and deliver a flexible and a relevant range of provision including theory, practical and tutorial sessions
- Be a great teacher and role model in delivering innovative and stimulating teaching, learning and assessment to enable your students to progress
- Drive Oldham College’s vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
- Be bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards
You must be educated to degree level or equivalent, have a teaching qualification and extensive experience of working with challenging young people from a range of backgrounds. Our Skills & Employability Faculty is highly inclusive and provides life changing opportunities for its students, you will need to demonstrate a strong track record of working in this type of environment. Experience of working in the FE sector is desirable.
Trish Bennett, Head of Faculty - Skills & Employability says “Oldham College is a highly inclusive organisation and our Faculty of Skills & Employability exemplifies the ethos. If you too believe foundation learners deserve the absolute best opportunities and have the passion and enthusiasm to drive this forward in an award winning Faculty, then we want to hear from you. Make a real difference, read on and get in touch”.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre both offering staff discounts
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.