Lecturer in Business
We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering campus for a Lecturer in Business to become a key member of our Business department.
As a Lecturer in Business, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms within Business.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
- Keeping CPD in industry knowledge up to date.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience teaching and assessing a range of Business programmes in an FE environment and knowledge of awarding body requirements such as BTEC, Gateway, NCFE and City & Guilds, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent in a Business-related subject.
- PGCE / Cert Ed qualification or willingness to work towards.
- English and mathematics at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year.
- Recent professional updating in Business teaching and learning.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 4th July 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.