Lecturer in English
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: Wakefield City Campus and Castleford Campus
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lecturer in English to join our friendly and supportive team, who share best practice, value the team’s strengths and work together to achieve a common goal.
As a Lecturer in English, you will provide outstanding teaching to ensure that all our learners succeed and achieve their highest potential. The teaching responsibility for this post will include GCSE English for full-time Study Programme students, however, you may also be required to teach Functional Skills English.
We are looking for an outstanding and enthusiastic professional who has a track record of highly effective teaching in English. You should have successful experience of establishing a culture of excellent behaviour, motivation and high learner performance through excellent standards of teaching and learning.
As a Lecturer in English, you should:
- Hold GCSE A* - C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent
- Have experience of working with 16 - 18 year olds or 19+, ideally in a teaching capacity
- Experience of teaching GCSE or Functional Skills qualification
- An up-to-date knowledge of the relevant GCSE English or Functional Skills curriculum
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Successful teaching experience delivering outstanding outcomes, with experience of re- engaging young people
- A passion for supporting students to succeed
- Excellent people skills in order to support the achievement of above average results
- A track record of ability to implement key initiatives in a dynamic and changeable environment
New to Teaching?
If you are a good team player and have a comprehensive knowledge of your subject specialism and would like to get into teaching, then this opportunity could be for you!
We are looking for people with excellent communication skills, drive and enthusiasm, qualified in their specific subject area and who would like to pass their knowledge and skills on to our students.
If you have not previously worked within the Education sector but have considered a career move, you may be suitable for the Department of Education - Taking Teaching Further initiative, which employs industry specialists direct into Further Education. You will receive an enhanced support package whilst you gain a Teaching Qualification. This opportunity can be discussed at the interview stage.
See what we have to offer and come and join us……
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets, and restaurants)
- Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: Friday 24 June 2022
Interview date: Thursday 30 June 2022
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.