We would be delighted to receive applications at the Heart of Yorkshire Education Group for the role of Governor on our Group Board and Local Boards of Castleford College, Selby College and Wakefield College.
We are continually looking for individuals who are willing to contribute their skills and experience to our College Group to help us achieve our vision to be an outstanding college group at the heart of our communities.
Being a Governor is a voluntary role, unpaid but highly rewarding, and this is a particularly exciting time to be involved with the College. We have a challenging agenda including:
- to further improve the quality of teaching and learning at the Group with the aim of giving our students better outcomes, be that in continuing their education at College or at university, or in gaining employment;
- to understand the needs of employers, to help local businesses grow and contribute to economic prosperity in the district;
- to develop higher education and consolidate the success of the Group’s apprenticeship provision;
- to form strategic partnerships within our local communities to help shape key initiatives; and
- to form strong relationships with our local schools and, where appropriate, work with them in the provision of education.
If you have the ability and commitment to contribute towards these goals, we would love to hear from you.
For further information, please visit: the Wakefield College website about us page, corporate information/governance. Should you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us via Antonia Praud, Director of Governance, at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest.
Andrew McConnell OBE, Chair of Governors