Deputy Data Service Manager
We are seeking a successful Deputy Data Service Manager who will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Student Data Team. They will be able to manage all necessary administrative duties that support the maintenance of Student Records and ensure accurate and timely implementation of all processes.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Manage and co-ordinate the Student Data Team workloads
- Be responsible for the input and maintenance of all student data records within the student records database ensuring the ILR is optimized to allow the maximisation of college funding
- To coordinate the production and submission of the College ILR and other official returns/reports
- Ensure data credibility using the funding & monitoring reports, PDSATS and SCORE.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of curriculum and fees/funding and ensure all active courses are available to view and apply through application systems.
- Contribute to the provision of all external and internal audit facilities and to assist in providing feedback on findings to college management.
- Support and participate in cross college activities such as open days, keep warm events and enrolment.
- To maintain an accurate and up to date working knowledge of all student record systems and to ensure that all staff using these are fully briefed of any changes.
- To work with curriculum and support staff to ensure a comprehensive data collection and verification process is provided to assist in the collection of audit evidence for internal and external auditors.
Pete O’Donnell, Director of Information Systems and Data, says “The team is well regarded within the college and is focussed on providing the college with the information they need to help every single learner achieve to their maximum potential. So, you’ll join a welcoming team of people who will help and challenge you to perform and become a valued member of the group. Your managers will be fair and honest and will always be willing to give you any necessary guidance and direction.”
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre both offering staff discounts
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities and new technology.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet. That’s true, by the way – ask almost anyone who has been here. Or come and see for yourself.
If you want to be outstanding, and want to help us achieve the same thing, then please apply.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.