Web Design Tutor
To Start September
Mondays 9.30am – 4.30pm and Wednesdays 9.30am – 4.30pm
Westminster City Council is committed to creating a City for All where people are born into a supportive and safe environment, grow and learn throughout their lives, build fantastic careers in world-leading industries. Westminster Adult Education Service is the City Council’s adult education service and the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest nationally.
We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community-based provision. We work to adapt to the changing needs of our communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated. We are on our journey to outstanding and want someone who shares our vision of attaining excellence to join our passionate and highly skilled leadership team
If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Wed Design tutor, to teach on our NCFE Level 3 accredited provision, on Mondays and Wednesday’s daytime (from 19 September 2022). https://www.waes.ac.uk/course/level-3-certificate-in-web-design-gd0102lg
You need to inspire and provide a transformative education to our adult learners (19+) from in and around London. You will be responsible for providing teaching, learning and assessments across our web design provision, and monitoring learner’s performance with opportunities to support them.
You will be responsible for delivering all elements of the program, providing support and guidance to the learners, ensuring they are challenged, inspired, complete their work in a timely manner, and excel in achievement.
Creative Industries at WAES is a very dynamic and growing department over three sites in Westminster, predominantly teaching accredited courses at levels 1, 2 and 3, and an increasing amount of full cost short courses.
- Designing resources for and delivering to our adult learners, in line with curriculum and qualification requirements ensuring our learners are inspired, challenged and achieve,
- Supporting the web design curriculum where required for example, course advice and guidance for prospective learners, open days, end of year show.
- Summative and formative assessments as part of the learners' journey
- Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reporting
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders and fellow creative arts staff,
- Ensuring an ‘outstanding’ teaching and learning experience including Individual Learning Plans and quality assurance implementation and feedback.
- Relevant experience and industry knowledge of current web design practice, HTML and WordPress
- Experience of teaching adults on accredited courses.
- Proven ability to work with diverse groups of learners across mixed abilities to ensure their successful progression
- You must have a qualification in the subject area at Level 4 or above
- You must have a teaching qualification at Level 3 or above
- Commitment to outstanding teaching and the learner experience
- Commitment to your own professional development
What we Offer:
We are passionate about our aim to be an inclusive workplace for all that reflects the communities we serve, and we believe everyone is valued.
We particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and those with hidden or visible disabilities.
The Service offers a competitive salary, employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
Please quote ED/WAES/2016 in all correspondence for this role
To apply please download the relevant Job Description and then complete the Application Form and EO Monitoring Form from our website www.waes.ac.uk/vacancies
Closing date for this post is 9am Monday 4 July 2022.
Interview and assessments for this post will take place on Monday 18 July 2022 at our Lisson Grove Centre
A Basic DBS is required for this post
CVs will not be accepted for this post
Please apply via the link