Library & Learning Resources Assistant (Kettering)
We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering campus for a Library and Learning Resources Assistant to become a key member of our Libraries and Learning Resources department.
As a Library and Learning Resources Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Actively contribute to the effective and efficient day to day running of campus Libraries, maintaining a welcoming and orderly learning environment with high standards of customer care and close links with curriculum and other staff
- Raising levels of learner retention, success and value added through the provision of an outstanding Library service with a focus on teaching and learning.
- Proactively support learners in overcoming barriers to the successful completion of research and other learning tasks and to actively promote and facilitate the use of the full range of learning resources.
Our ideal candidates will have experience delivering user education to groups of learners and give clear concise advice and instruction to learners and staff and excellent IT skills, experience of Windows based applications, internet-based research and willingness to develop new skills, alongside the following qualifications:
- Good all-round level of education to include Maths and English toGCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent level (level 2)
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (0.87454 FTE) / 39 weeks per year
- Start date of 31st August 2022
- £18,329 per annum, pro rata for part-time
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a the 5th July 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.