HR Business Partner (LUM35)
We are passionate about working with colleagues to provide the best possible support to our students to ensure they reach their full potential; whilst championing inclusion and supporting social mobility. We see HR’s role as ensuring our staff are effective and are aware of the direct or indirect impact they have on the success of our students.
Our HR Department provides support and guidance to staff and managers on a wide range of HR related issues/activities. We work together to find a workable solution, are a collaborative team and are excited to welcome new talent to our team. You will be joining a team of 4 other HRBPs alongside a team of HR and Employee Relations Advisors who will support you in this role. We are on a journey to implementing a shared service across the Luminate Education Group and are working to support the development of a fantastic work environment and culture.
This is a great opportunity to make your mark and be involved in the transformation of our service. If you are an experienced and committed individual looking for a new challenge in the education sector, we would love to hear from you. We are able to offer flexible/hybrid working in this role, alongside an excellent pension, 37 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the additional days during the Christmas period.
What you will be doing:
- Partnering your designated areas within the organisation, supporting complex employee relations cases, coaching and supporting managers through people processes and working collaboratively with the other areas in the group to ensure a consistent approach is adopted throughout key people practices.
- Understand the HR needs of your departments to help them achieve their strategic objectives whilst following the overall HR strategy.
- Co-ordinate the headcount budget process across your assigned departments, act as a key contact and attend budget meetings where appropriate.
- Line manage the HR Advisors within your area to ensure their workload is prioritised and managed, and deadlines are achieved
- Develop strong partnering relationships with departmental leadership teams, acting as an internal consultant to diagnose, develop and implement effective HR strategies and people plans which support our business goals and drive sustained performance.
- Advise, guide, mediate and support colleagues and managers on high level HR disciplines and policies to drive effective HR practices and policies which are appropriate to the culture, size and growth ambitions.
- Provide managers with a wide range of strategic HR expertise and support on areas such as workforce planning, succession planning, engagement, retention, reward initiatives and employee relations.
- Coach managers on all aspects of leading, motivating and developing their teams.
What we are looking for:
- Strong advisory skills with excellent knowledge of employment legislation.
- Solid previous experience of dealing with complex ER issues within a unionised environment while remaining objective and pragmatic.
- Capable of influencing and partnering with key stakeholders and managers.
- Proven ability to develop successful meaningful working relationships with senior stakeholders and the ability to balance a coaching and challenging style to drive great outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to confidently challenge with people at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to work as an independent decision maker, along with the ability to work collaboratively with a team.
For more information about the role please refer to the job description attached or contact Mala Dhillon (Group Director for People, Development & Culture) on email@example.com
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.