Learning Resource Centre Officer
Supporting Futures at Selby College are looking for an enthusiastic and organised individual to join the Library management team in the Learning Resource Centre (LRC) based at our Selby campus. The key purpose of the role is to be a proactive member of the Library management team and to share the responsibility of meeting the resource and digital learning needs of students and staff across the Heart of Yorkshire Education Group.
The successful candidate will be expected to lead on the provision of a physical LRC service at Selby College in accord with the strategic priorities of the Group.
- To ensure the physical LRC service at Selby College supports teaching and learning.
- To develop and promote access to services both in the library and through a strong online and social media presence.
- To develop and maintain Library circulation software, in liaison with IT Services, to ensure the Library Service is operating efficiently.
- To develop and deliver appropriate service inductions for individuals and groups, both face-to-face and online.
- To line manage and support a small team of LRC Facilitators.
- To develop and maintain partnerships with curriculum staff, to encourage use of LRC services and resources.
- Implement appropriate quality management and assurance systems in accordance with College policy.
- You will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) and hold GCSEs grades A*- C /9 – 4 (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
- A Level 2 IT qualification e.g. ECDL, CLAIT or equivalent IT experience / skills is essential.
- A Degree in Library and Information Science or Postgraduate qualification in Library and Information Science is desirable.
- The ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people is a key part of the role.
- Excellent communication skills are essential along with a proven record of providing high levels of customer service in a study environment
- Knowledge of digital learning tools and a willingness to undertake further training.
Terms and conditions:
Hours: 37 per week, 52 weeks per year
Annual leave: 25 days per annum plus statutory bank holidays
Closing date: 26th June 2022
Expected start date: 22nd August 2022
To apply for this position, please complete the Selby College application form and return to email@example.com
All work in the College involves some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children, although the extent of that responsibility will vary according to the nature of the role. A DBS check is a requirement for this role.