Lecturer - IT Opportunities
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Employee Assistance Helpline
111 Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7HB
- JE271 - Lecturer Job Specification
X 1 Sessional – Variable Hours - £15.0315 - £18.9198 Per hour
X 1 Permanent – 37 Hours - £29,000 - £37,500
Our greatest asset is our people. That’s why Nottingham College’s promise to you is vast. We believe in changing lives through excellence in education and employment.
We have an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and innovative lecturers in IT to join the Business Faculty at our City Hub on a Permeant and Sessional Basis.
- To contribute to the strategic direction and operational effectiveness of the College
- Ensure the responsibilities of the post are carried out in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values of the college
- Deliver on key performance indicators across the College, aiming to deliver continuous improvement
- Promote the College with employers, sector bodies, schools and the local community, developing effective partnerships with employers, the funding agencies and other representative bodies
- To proactively promote Safeguarding practice, EDI, Health and Safety and the well-being of all our students and staff
- To complete and remain up to date with Mandatory Training
- To participate in the College Professional Development and Review (PDR) Scheme
- If you are an expert in your area, and are passionate about teaching, can inspire, we’d love to hear from you!
- 45 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS / TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistant Helpline
- Kia Car Scheme
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation. We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop.
We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need. Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
The ideal candidate will have specialist skills in networking, infrastructure (including cloud infrastructure), as well as experience of delivering this subject to higher education students and will be required to contribute to curriculum design and teach across our FE courses.
Ideally you will hold a teaching qualification, however, if you don’t, we will support you to gain one.
If you can inspire and motivate others, care passionately whilst challenging professionally, then this could be you next move!
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.