Programme Tutor in Business and Enterprise
We are looking for:
Programme Tutor of Business and Enterprise. (specialism of Business and Finance preferred). This post is currently temporary but has the potential to become a permanent position.
Involves the delivery of teaching, learning and assessment within Business and Enterprise. Specifically, we are looking for an individual with expertise in Business Finance. We deliver a wide range of qualifications through various awarding bodies. Of interest to this post are:
- Business, Business Law and Enterprise at level 3 via BTEC – all requiring Business Finance delivery
- Business Marketing, Business Enterprise and Business Administration at level 2 via BTEC
- Access to Higher Education in Business and Access to Higher Education in Law via Ascentis – these require Finance delivery
- Accounting at Levels 1, 2, 3 and 4 via AAT.
You will be tasked with the delivery of the above playing an integral role in improving the team’s high grades and ALPs outcomes. In addition to this, you will also be tasked with providing pastoral care to a minimum of 2 cohorts of students. Within these pastoral care responsibilities, you will be required to form strong working relationships with students and parents alike driving good attendance to all components of our study programmes in the pursuit of outstanding student outcomes.
John Pietrzak, Head of Sport and Financial, Professional and Public Services, says “We are excited to advertise this post in our search for an ambitious tutor who can become an integral part of the team, supporting our journey towards becoming the best place to work and the best place to learn. This is an exciting time within our journey; we are a growing team in terms of student recruitment, the college is investing heavily into facilities, resources and its staff, whilst 2021/22 is the academic year we have targeted to become outstanding. If you feel like you are able to add value to our team and support this journey, we very much look forward to receiving your application”
- A degree or equivalent in a related subject.
- A recognised teaching qualification (or willingness to train for this and achieve within 2 years).
- A recognised Assessor's Award (TDLB Assessor/verifier awards D32, D33, D34 or the new A&V Awards) (or willingness to train and achieve within 6 months).
- Track record of quality improvement.
- Experience of raising recruitment retention and achievement rates of students
- Comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum specialty including industry links.
- Good understanding of the current Government & national priorities for FE and skills agenda and impact on own curriculum area.
- Demonstrates accurate record keeping in relation to managing learners.
- Track record of excellent information management and use of Key Performance Indicators related to learners and course management.
Oldham College is a medium sized general further education college, with a turnover of almost £25m. It has one main campus in the centre of town, and this is in the third phase of a £40m redevelopment which began in 2012. Higher education is taught on a second, dedicated campus, a short walk away. The College delivers a full range of work related education and training, including 16-18 programmes of study, T levels, apprenticeships, adult learning and higher education. It has over 5000 full-time students and 600 undergraduates.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities and new technology.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.