HE Administration Student Services Officer
The University Campus Oldham is looking for a driven individual to join the HE Student Services Team (HESS) for Administration in Higher Education, although this is not your typical admin role.
You will be working with a great team of people, completing various important admin tasks from maintaining accurate records for admissions, enrolment, amongst others. Whilst also providing support to a range of higher education courses.
This is a very fast pasted, customer orientated role, so attention to detail and excellent communication (verbal and written) skills are key. You must work to a high level of accuracy. To be successful in this role you must be able to work independently and as part of a team and still perform to the highest standards when under pressure. You may be expected to show flexibility within your work to assist colleagues in other areas during busy times.
Experience in higher education is desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience of administrative work in a busy office environment.
- Ability to analyse and synthesise information and present it clearly and precisely in a variety of forms (written and verbal) to a range of customers and staff.
- Excellent IT skills including good working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, and databases – preferably Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in Business Admin or equivalent experience.
- The ability to forge and sustain good working relationships with colleagues and external agencies.
- 4 GCSE passes (grades A-C) including Maths and English or equivalent experience.
Alun Francis, our Principal, says: “This is a very important appointment, the HE Student Services Team is central to our plans for the future, and we are looking for high calibre candidates. We want people who love their profession, are committed to providing high quality support to students, colleagues and the wider college. We are investing in the facilities, employer relationships and the skills and knowledge of our staff. We are looking for people who will respond to this, love the learners and enjoy the challenges and benefits of working at Oldham College”.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre both offering staff discounts
The College is in the top quartile for 16-18 programmes of study and English GCSE resits, and in apprenticeship provision, but is the second highest performing provider Greater Manchester. The quality of its higher education provision is better than many established universities.
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities and new technology.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
If you want to be outstanding, and want to help us achieve the same thing, then please apply.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.