Lecturer Opportunities (x2) – Brickwork
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Employee Assistance Helpline
664 Nuthall Road, Basford, Nottingham, NG8 6AQ
Permanent – 37 Hours
Our greatest asset is our people. That’s why Nottingham College’s promise to you is vast. We believe in changing lives through excellence in education and employment.
We have an exciting opportunity for two enthusiastic and innovative lecturers in Brickwork to join the Business Faculty at our Basford Site.
- Collaborate with colleagues in developing, implementing and evaluating innovative strategies to enhance the student experience at Nottingham College.
- Ensure all opportunities for employer involvement and support is maximised for the benefit of our students.
- Ensure learners are equipped with the skills and abilities necessary for them to progress to further study or work. Collaborate with Faculty colleagues to ensure a dynamic and responsive curriculum offer is delivered to the highest quality.
- Motivate and inspire individual students to exceed their expectations and goals. Ensure learners produce the highest level of work and are empowered to take ownership of their studies to achieve excellent results.
- To contribute to and participate in quality assurance initiatives as appropriate, which will include classroom observation activities.
- Contribute towards the delivery of a high quality educational experience for all students. To plan, prepare and deliver teaching sessions and academic tutorials, alongside marking, assessing and recording students’ progress.
The successful candidate should have relevant educational/training experience in addition to proven site, domestic, commercial or industrial experience. You also need to demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to teaching, learning and assessment. In this role you will lecture and assess on a range of Brickwork qualifications to both full time and apprentice students. Our provision in this area ranges from Level 1 to Level 3 so you will need to possess skills to deliver across these courses/levels.
The successful candidate will hold a relevant Brickwork/Trowel Occupations Qualification (either NVQ level 2/3 or other equivalent level 2/3 qualification). Ideally you will hold a teaching qualification, however, if you don’t, we will support you to gain one.
If you are an expert in your area, and are passionate about teaching, we’d love to hear from you!
If you can inspire and motivate others, care passionately whilst challenging professionally, then this could be you next move!
- 45 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS / TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistant Helpline
- Kia Car Scheme
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation. We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop.
We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need. Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.