Sixth Form Lecturer, Student Performance and Development (LCC3283)
WHAT WE DO
Leeds Sixth Form College prides itself on its students’ journeys to success. It is driven by hard work and the strong belief that every student has the capacity to excel, regardless of their background. Leeds Sixth Form College offers a range of A level subjects and is committed to providing an exceptional experience, with outcomes to match. We are looking for three outstanding candidates to support us in monitoring student performance and development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for the positive social and personal development of a cohort of students, based on a detailed understanding of their backgrounds and circumstances
- Work with the Deputy Head and programme managers to develop and continuously improve an effective tutorial Programme
- Teach identified tutorial groups
- To act as a ‘critical and professional friend’ with an academic development focus, to students, ensuring that they make the academic progress of which they are capable
- Manage and monitor the impact of intervention strategies through clear lines of referral to ensure each student achieves their targets across the study programme.
- Undertake regular formalised reviews of student academic progress, and complete formal reports on students in line with the formal Leeds Sixth Form College monitoring process and calendar
- Take responsibility for college’s administrative needs regarding student records’, UCAS/employment references etc. for students in your care
- Liaise with external agencies and parents/carers as required
- Gather and act upon Year 11 transition information from partner schools to ensure a smooth a supportive progression for all learners
- The successful candidate: Holds a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE)
- Relevant up to date knowledge of offering guidance and support and recent delivery in the Further Education or school sector.
- Experience of positively managing student progression, advice and guidance in a school or Further Education setting
- Exceptional verbal /written communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.