Technician (Brickwork, Carpentry, Plumbing and Electrical)
We have a great opportunity based at our Wellingborough campus for a Technician to become a key member of our Construction and Building Services department.
As a Technician, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing support and assistance to Lecturers and trainers in workshop areas, focussed on Brickwork, Carpentry, Plumbing and Electrical
- Maintaining workshop facilities and ensure serviceability and security of tools and equipment, and ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of wider Construction industry trades and current practices and knowledge of safe working practices, particularly in connection with wet trades, alongside the following qualifications:
- Experience of working in Carpentry, Brickwork, Building Services or the building trade in general
- Willingness to work towards and achieve First Aid Qualification if not already held.
- Willingness to work towards and achieve a fork lift licence.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- £19,000 per annum
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 22nd June 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.