Lecturer / Trainee Lecturer in Motor Vehicle
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer / Trainee Lecturer in Motor Vehicle to become a key member of our Motor Vehicle department.
As a Lecturer / Trainee Lecturer in Motor Vehicle, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Carrying out, preparing, teaching and assessing on a range of motor vehicle courses, teaching programmes in line with College policies and procedure as directed by the Head of Department.
- Delivering using a wide range of teaching techniques, skills training to learners to facilitate achievement of the Motor Vehicle Diplomas, covering practical, workshop based and classroom based study
- Planning and preparing teaching and learning programmes for individuals and groups of learners
- Developing teaching material specific to the programme of study being delivered
Our ideal candidates will have the ability to teach Motor Vehicle Engineering and current experience of teaching, assessing or tutoring, alongside the following qualifications:
- Minimum level 3 qualification in a relevant motor vehicle discipline.
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year.
- Certificate in Education or equivalent.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 14th June 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.