Deputy Head - Quality
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford Sixth Form campus for a Deputy Head to become a key member of our Bedford Sixth Form department.
As a Deputy Head, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Assisted the Head in the delivery of The Bedford Sixth Form’s strategic vision of being the largest and best state sixth form measured by student numbers, results and Value Added
- Assisting the Head with the management of a range of aspects of the operation and development of The Bedford Sixth Form, providing high quality learning programmes which drive continuous improvements in the student experience, delivering high levels of student satisfaction, success and progression
- Managing teaching staff effectively so as to continuously improve and enrich the student experience
- Systematically raise the quality of teaching, learning and assessment in order to improve the student experience, pass rates, high grades and Value Added
Our ideal candidates will have current or recent experience of teaching at GCSE and A Level and up to date knowledge of subject area, syllabus and teaching methods including the use of ILT to enhance teaching and learning, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent in a subject specialism
- Certificate in Education or equivalent
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Training in lesson observation
- Evidence of recent CPD and professional updating
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 20th June 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.