HR Advisor (Bedford)
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for an HR Advisor to become a key member of our Human Resources and Payroll department.
As a HR Advisor, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Working effectively as a part of the Human Resources team to provide a responsive, professional, comprehensive, proactive HR service, with a particular emphasis on Employee Relations and HR administration, to the business, through the day to day delivery of standardised processes.
- Managing casework with a consistent, organised and pro-active approach in line with the Bedford College Group policies and procedures
- Providing accurate administration and responding in a timely manner all aspects of an employee life cycle
Our ideal candidates will have practical working knowledge of employment legislation and ability to translate this into policy and practice and be comfortable managing multiple priorities, working at pace and operating independently, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 CIPD qualified
- Level 5 qualified /working towards qualification or a willingness to achieve qualification within 3 years
- Minimum of 2 years HR experience with a demonstrable focus on Employee Relations and case management
- Experience of working within a highly pressurised environment with changing priorities
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 24th June 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.