Apprenticeship Assessor Coach Healthcare (LCC3299)
WHAT WE DO
The School of Health Science & Social Care are recruiting a Healthcare Trainer to deliver apprenticeship provision with a large healthcare organisation in the city. You will be responsible for the outcomes for a specified cohort of apprentices alongside ensuring all stakeholders receive exceptional customer service.
You will be highly professional with a background in healthcare and able to deliver outstanding classroom and work based learning. This role would be ideal for a registered nurse or healthcare support worker who has experience in mentoring and training staff and/or students, or has a keen interest in this and wants to develop it further.
You will be organised, with excellent communication skills, and enjoy working and liaising with healthcare staff, registered nurses, and ward managers. You will need reasonable computer skills as you will be using an online portfolio and you may need to use Google Meet or Zoom as part of your role.
You will achieve the assessor’s qualification (CAVA) and will be encouraged to attend CPD to update both your professional and assessor qualifications. You will be based at one of the college campus sites, but will travel locally to visit your apprentices in their workplaces.
The role offers a generous salary, with no shift work and a substantial holiday allowance. You will also be enrolled in the Teacher’s Pension Scheme. If you are an enthusiastic individual who is looking for a new challenge in your healthcare/nursing career, we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL
Deliver the skills and competency elements of vocational qualifications. Ensure assessment and internal quality assurance processes are completed to the quality standard required by Awarding Organisations and internal policies and procedures.
Meet quality assurance requirements of funding organisations and internal procedures with regard to maintaining learner records. Work with the Lead Apprenticeship Assessor and other programme team members to prepare assessment and learning materials appropriate to the needs and requirements of the learners and their programme.
Carry out initial guidance, enrolments and assessment of learners as required by the department and Programme Manager. Support the information, advice and guidance of individual learners to enable them to move into further training if appropriate. Identify training needs for individual learners, including any additional support needs, and plan and deliver training as identified.
Liaise and communicate with employers of learners on the programme or potentially on the programme. Ensure the assessment and training meets the specified performance/achievement targets for completions and achievements which includes the full range of learner needs.
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent in vocational area.
- Minimum Level 2 in maths and English (GCSE Grade C or above, GCSE Grade 4 or above or equivalent
- Hold Assessor award or a willingness to work towards within 6 months.
- Some experience of teaching, training peers or transferring skills to others.
- Hold Internal Verification Award or a willingness to work towards within 6 months.
- Able to demonstrate work experience in a relevant discipline.
- Experience of undertaking formal employee assessment in the work place.
- Experience of assessing against NVQ or similar competence based frameworks.
- Knowledge and understanding of IV and QA practices.
- Commitment to keeping professional knowledge up to date.
- Understanding and experience of current working practices in the Curriculum area.
- Knowledge of appropriate apprenticeship standards .
- Able to prepare and deliver training sessions in vocational area.
- Able to work without close supervision and resolve own work problems using own initiative.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills sufficient to network and develop effective links with external partners.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work with a diverse range of students and manage their assessment.
- Ability to enthuse students to aid retention and achievement.
- Able to give constructive feedback for students and keep effective records.
- Able to work within a target driven environment e. g. focusing on learner end dates and achievement rates.
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.