Sessional Tutor: Basketry
Morley College London, located in Waterloo, is one of the UK’s leading Institutes of Adult Learning. Founded in 1889, we now provide learning opportunities to over 13,000 people every year, specialising in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. The College is a lively and exciting place to work, with a friendly and supportive working environment, where each staff member is encouraged to develop their skills and experience.
About the role:
We are looking for a Basketry tutor who would be able to provide our students with a creative, experimental approach to contemporary basketry through the exploration of different weaving techniques such as coiling, check-weave, twining and random weave, in order to create unique functional containers or sculptural forms.
The will be delivered on a Tuesday evening in adult education with availability to start as soon as possible. Expertise with a range of traditional and non-traditional materials required and evidence of an active personal practice. Higher education, teaching qualification and experience preferred.
Established in 1889, and with our roots stretching back even further, Morley College London is one of the country’s oldest and largest specialist providers of adult education. At Morley College London, we provide long-term, sustainable and affordable programmes of lifelong learning across three centres – North Kensington, Chelsea and Waterloo – including 16-19 provision at North Kensington and Chelsea.
Benefits of working for Morley College London
The College offers a number of benefits to its staff including:
Benefits to support your wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of at least 37 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with a pro-rata entitlement for part time staff.
- Access to College facilities including a subsidised refectory, staff room, library and access to a programme of exhibitions, performances and lectures that take place throughout the year.
- A range of family friendly policies and procedures including childcare vouchers
- Access to an online Wellbeing Centre providing a host of resources to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- An Employee Assistance Programme that provides access to 24h confidential counselling to support yourself and immediate family.
Benefits to support you financially
- Access to defined benefits contributory pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme and Teacher’s Pension Scheme).
- A 75% staff discount on Morley courses.
- Access to hundreds of retail discounts from supermarkets and high street retailers both in store and online.
- Access to discounted rates to shops, businesses and services in the local area. · Interest free season ticket loans.
- Interest free loans to purchase a bicycle and equipment to cycle to work. We also offer the 3 “Cycle to Work” Scheme which is a scheme which allows you to “hire” a bike from the College and pay back through your salary to make tax savings of 32% or 42%.
- Free access to Microsoft Office software for home use, and discounted rates on other software.
Closing date: Wednesday 8th June 2022 at 10.00 am
Interviews taking place on: TBC
Morley College London is an Equal Opportunities employer. The College aims to reflect the diverse community it serves and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and children’s barred list check.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.