Sessional Tutor: Laser Cutting & Printmaking Tutor
Morley College London, located in Waterloo, is one of the UK’s leading Institutes of Adult Learning. Founded in 1889, we now provide learning opportunities to over 13,000 people every year, specialising in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. The College is a lively and exciting place to work, with a friendly and supportive working environment, where each staff member is encouraged to develop their skills and experience.
About the role:
Do you skills in using laser cutting machine and software to generate plates and blocks for printmaking purposes and book making.
Do you have an interest in, and skills to develop the use of the laser cutter across Printmaking & Bookbinding Department.
Do you have experience in Printmaking to include etching, relief print, photographic processes, collagraph.
If you think this is the role for you must have a contemporary knowledge of print and printmakers, of paper cutting, of new ideas and developments and be actively making prints or print related work.
We are looking for someone who is flexible, able to problem solve, set projects and manage students who are working on individual projects.
Skill & Qualifications required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- English and Maths GCSE grade A-C (9-4) or equivalent
- Level 3 qualification in education or training or a willingness to undertake such a qualification within an agreed time
- Successful experience of delivering high quality teaching in bookbinding and book conservation to adult learners of mixed ability in group settings
- Good organisational and administrative skills, with experience of successfully planning, assessing and evaluating teaching and learning
- Good IT skills
Closing date: Wednesday 8th June 2022 at 10.00 am
Interviews taking place on: TBC
Morley College London is an Equal Opportunities employer. The College aims to reflect the diverse community it serves and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and children’s barred list check.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.