Communications Lead (LUM91)
WHAT WE DO
An exciting role has arisen for a passionate communications person to join the team at Luminate Education Group. Our team is made up of internal and external communications professionals and we're looking to welcome someone who has at least three years' experience working in a communications role. Working with a collection of FE colleges, we are looking for someone who loves using creative communications to develop meaningful engagements with internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to develop and implement communications strategies for Luminate Education Group, as well as the FE and HE brands.
- Provide advice and guidance on the most appropriate communications methods and solutions.
- Implement and lead on reporting and analysis for all communications campaigns and activities across internal, external and social media. This includes setting KPIs and identifying effective measurement tools and platforms.
- Establishing and overseeing processes for the entire communications team, providing strategic guidance to individual team members to ensure the delivery of outstanding results.
- Line manage a team of internal and external communications professionals.
- Experience managing a team and coordinating regular 121s and appraisals.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate and consumer communications.
- Experience in preparing to manage, evaluating and detailed reporting on communications activities.
- Experience in PR planning and forecasting.
- Awareness of how the political landscape regionally and nationally can impact communications.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Experience in audience/stakeholder mapping exercises.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.